CHC50113 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care
Why Study this Course at Apex?
- If you want to upgrade your career: Are you currently working as a nanny or child care educator and want to get a promotion to centre manager or director, then this is the course for you.
- Blended Learning: Combine face to face, online and correspondence study.
- Self Paced: When you enrol we give you access to all knowledge training and assessment material. We give you full access to all our training and support class. This leaves you in full control of the pace of your study.
- Assistance with work placement: Complete your work placement at one of carefully selected industry partners
- Massive Discounts Available
- Government Funding Available for Eligible Candidates: Get more than a 90% discount thanks to funding from the Queensland government.
- Payment plans available to all self funded students
- Job opportunities: According to Job Outlook, up until 2019, more than 50,000 new jobs are expected to be created for child carers.
This qualification covers workers in early childhood educators who are responsible for designing and implementing curriculum in early childhood education and care services. In doing so, they work to implement an approved learning framework within the requirements of the Education and Care Services National Regulations and the National Quality Standard.
They may have responsibility for supervision of volunteers or other staff. In most states it is the highest qualification required as a director or service manager level for children's service centre-based care.
The course qualifies you for a number of lucrative occupations including:
- Authorised supervisor (children’s services)
- Centre manager (children’s services)
- Childhood educator
- Children’s adviser
- Children’s service director / manager
- Children’s services coordinator
- Director (children’s services)
- Group/team coordinator/leader (children’s services)
- Program leader (children’s services)
- Child development worker
The course consists of 28 units of competency
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people Elective
- CHCDIV002 Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety
- CHCECE001 Develop cultural competence
- CHCECE002 Ensure the health and safety of children
- CHCECE003 Provide care for children
- CHCECE004 Promote and provide healthy food and drinks
- CHCECE005 Provide care for babies and toddlers
- CHCECE007 Develop positive and respectful relationships with children
- CHCECE009 Use an approved learning framework to guide practice
- CHCECE016 Establish and maintain a safe and healthy environment for children
- CHCECE017 Foster the holistic development and wellbeing of the child in early childhood
- CHCECE018 Nurture creativity in children
- CHCECE019 Facilitate compliance in an education and care service
- CHCECE020 Establish and implement plans for developing cooperative behaviour
- CHCECE021 Implement strategies for the inclusion of all children
- CHCECE022 Promote children's agency e
- CHCECE023 Analyse information to inform learning
- CHCECE024 Design and implement the curriculum to foster children's learning and development
- CHCECE025 Embed sustainable practices in service operations
- CHCECE026 Work in partnership with families to provide appropriate education and care for children
- CHCLEG001 Work legally and ethically
- CHCPRT001 Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
- HLTWHS003 Maintain work health and safety
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
- BSBMGT605 Provide leadership across the organisation
- BSBLED401A Develop teams and individuals
- BSBINN502 Build and sustain an innovative work environment
- CHCPOL002 Develop and implement policy